Friday, September 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos

TGIF!!  What a long/short week this has been!  Even though I only worked 3 days, it seemed to last forever!  The temperatures have been over 100 deg all week, so it's just miserable to even leave the house.  Thank goodness cooler weather is moving in tonight and the next 7 days look fantastic.  Looking forward to a cool, 10 mile run tomorrow morning at 6 a.m.  It may even be "cold"!

Speaking of running, next week starts week 7 of my 18 week marathon training.  Its been pretty normal to this point, only adding 1 extra day of running and a few extra miles to my typical workout schedule.  Next week, the miles start adding on and we start getting serious and down to business.  Between marathon training, school starting back up, and working, my baking has had to be moved to the back burner.  I have even had to turn a few people down, because I just couldn't fit it in.  And starting in 2 weeks, I will be going back to work 5 days instead of my usual 4.  I guess it's good to feel/be needed, but I will definitely miss that middle of the week day off!!
                                                 
I was able to spend a little time in the kitchen last Friday night, but just haven't had a chance to blog about it.  I found these Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos that Jenny shared on her blog, Picky Palate.  These were so fun and easy to make - it is hard to eat just one!  Oreos are already hard to resist, but just think about Oreos on steroids!  A couple of changes that I made to her recipe:

1)  By looking at her photo, I think she used Double Stuffed Oreos, because she has more cream oozing out.  I used regular Oreos (to save a few calories).  Feel free to use either.
2)  I only used 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (also to save a few calories).
3)  My recipe made enough dough to put on 54 cookies, where as her yield was 32 cookies.  She must have put more dough on each Oreo than I did, but I was afraid that the dough would bake over the cookie.  

According to my recipe changes, each cookie has 100 calories - not too bad for a chocolaty snack.

Also, this past Wednesday was National Cheese Pizza Day.  I celebrated by making my family homemade pizza for dinner.  This is a favorite of theirs, but I usually only make it about once a month or so.  I made the boys a cheese pizza to share, my husband had an individual pizza with turkey sausage and black olives, and mine was an individual with grilled chicken and red bell peppers.  YUM-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment