Today is my oldest son's 14th birthday. We took both boys and some friends to eat pizza for lunch and then to the movies to see The Hunger Games. It was a fun, enjoyable day and the movie was awesome!
It's hard to believe that it is already the last day of March. Easter is next Sunday, so several of my posts this week will be Easter themed. Starting today, I made Chocolate Nests. These use chow mein noodles covered in chocolate chips and peanut butter. I used jelly beans to put on top to look like bird eggs, but you could use Robin Eggs or any egg shaped candy. These were rather tasty. The flavor of the chow mein noodles was still slightly there, but when I took a bite of the whole thing with the jelly beans included, it all worked together well. These were very simple to make and something that you might enjoy making with your kids.
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Jelly beans or other egg shaped candy
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the chow mein noodles.
- In a small glass bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and peanut butter until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour over the noodles and stir until evenly coated.
- On a cookie sheet covered with wax paper, spoon noodles into a pile the shape of a nest. Set 3 jelly beans on top of each. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.