Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 123: Nutter Butter Bars

Ok, so it's only the second day of May and what's up with this heat?!!!  I went out for a 5 mile run this morning around 8:15 and it was miserable!  Maybe I was struggling with mind over body, but I only went 3.8 miles and had 2 walk breaks - that is so unlike me!!  Really, I have been struggling with my runs and weight training classes for the last 3 weeks!  My body just feels like I have no energy - so ready for an emotional and physical break through!!

Even though I may be in a rut, I am playing with the idea of training for a full marathon in December. Several of my friends have committed, and I have been throwing the idea back and forth for about a year. Maybe it's time to just take the plunge and commit! 

With the weather being this warm, I made a dessert today that didn't require heating the oven.  These Nutter Butter Bars are so simple to make yet very tasty.  Basically, it is a rice krispie treat, except replacing the rice krispies with crushed Nutter Butter cookies. I found this recipe at the Picky Palate.

Nutter Butter Bars
From: Picky Palate
Yield: 16 bars (212 calories each)

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound package of Nutter Butters
  • 1 bag of large marshmallows
  • 4 tbsp butter
Directions:
  1. Place Nutter Butters in food processor and pulse until ground. 
  2. Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2-2 minutes. 
  3. Remove and pour in ground cookies. Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan. Let set up for 10 minutes. Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment