I don't believe there is anything more refreshing or characteristic of spring than a strawberry pie. Not to mention that it is a relatively healthy dessert. This recipe that I want to share with you is easy breezy and absolutely delicious! Add a spoonful of whipped cream and you will be in heaven!
Yields: 8 slices (210 calories each)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (not deep dish)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg sugar free strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- Bake pie crust according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water; whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture evenly over strawberries. Refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream if desired.