Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 135: Blueberry Poppyseed Loaves

Today has been a really good day! Work was relatively calm and uneventful. Picked the boys up from school and came home to spend the next couple of hours in the kitchen. I made Cheesy Noodle Casserole for dinner, one of my family's favorites, and it takes up a lot of dishes. While making that, I also baked the Blueberry Poppyseed Loaves that I am sharing with you tonight. After dinner, my fabulous husband stayed around and helped clean up the massive messy kitchen that I had made. He was my knight in shining armor!! 

I waited until the sun started going down before heading out for my Monday run. The last 3 weeks have been a struggle just getting through my runs and weight classes! But tonight I had an awesome run and loved every minute of it. Words of wisdom - when exercise gets tough, just keep on keeping on because there is light and joy at the end of any dark tunnel or pit that seems to be swallowing you! You will be stronger because of it! 
Today's recipe, Blueberry Poppyseed Loaves, came from my last edition of Food Network magazine. Instead of 3 small loaves, I made mini muffin loaves. These turned out very tasty and moist, but for 350 calories, I would rather have something with chocolate and caramel or peanut butter. Basically, I ran 4 miles just so I could eat the little muffin!! Not worth it! I am not a huge blueberry fan anyway, but like them in muffins. Regardless, I am glad I tried them.

No comments:

Post a Comment