Today is National mint chocolate day. I have not always been a fan of mint chocolate as I expressed in my peppermint patty post last week. It is a newfound taste that I have acquired. I want to share a recipe with you that I found through Weight Watchers several years ago. Junior Mint Brownies are the perfect combination of fudged chocolate and mint. I like mine topped with a spoonful of cool whip and I am happy. It bakes up in an 8" square pan so you don't have a big pan of brownies left staring at you. Just enough to share with your friends or coworkers. Enjoy!
Junior Mint Brownies
Yield: 9 servings / 225 calories each
- 1/4 cup butter
- 32 small junior mints
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Coat bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and mints in a 2 cup glass measuring cup; microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, egg and egg white in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well blended.
- Add mint mixture and beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat at a low speed until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.