Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 59: National Chocolate Souffle Day

I have been looking forward to this day - National Chocolate Souffle Day! I have never made it or even tasted it for that matter. In my mind, it is one of those fancy desserts in a fancy restaurant, not something that can be made in just any kitchen! Something about the puffed up look of the souffle - I have been anticipating dipping my spoon in the center just to see what's in the middle!!
I googled Chocolate Souffle when looking for a recipe to use. I used this recipe from a blog, Zen Can Cook. There were step by step instructions and it seemed simple enough. Be sure to have all your ingredients ready before you start. I started my half and half on the stove, then walked away and when I came back, it was to a full rolling boil. Had to start over. Mine didn't puff up as much as they were supposed to either. I think my problem was that I didn't whip the eggs to a full stiff peak. I am always afraid I am going to over whip them so I tend to under whip instead. 
I know you are all wondering - what did it taste like?!! Well, all that anticipation and hype for something very mediocre.  It was very much like warm mousse with a bitter chocolate taste.  It just wasn't my cup of tea!! Now I know to pass that dessert by the next time I am in one of those fancy smancy restaurants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment