Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 52: National Sticky Bun Day

I am so excited about today's sweet - it is National Sticky Bun Day!  I love bread and I love caramel so what could be better than bread and caramel together!  I spent yesterday evening in the kitchen getting the dough ready so that I could bake these this morning and have fresh, hot sticky buns. It was a breakfast of hot, cinnamon-y, gooey caramel goodness! I am so glad that I took them to work to share, because I know I could have eaten the entire pan! I still have dough left in the fridge, so I can make up the rest and freeze individual pans to have at a later time without all the fuss of making them from scratch.
The sticky bun recipe I used is from the King Arthur Flour blog.  I love their blog because they give helpful advice and hints and show step by step photos of the baking process.  I hope you will try making the Ridiculously Easy No-Knead Sticky Buns.  It is easy, but a little time consuming because you have to do it in steps.  It is well worth it, I promise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment