For National Pound Cake Day, I chose to bake a Triple Lemon Pound Cake. I am not a huge fan of lemon flavored food, but it was the only pound cake recipe in Sandra Lee's book that I am using for this month, so I thought I would give it a try.
It was very tasty for a lemon cake. Throughout the center of the cake is lemon curd that gave it some extra lemon flavor as well as a lemon glaze over the top. Not too sweet and not too tart.
Triple Lemon Pound Cake
Recipe from: Sandra Lee Semi Homemade Desserts
Yield: 16 slices (255 calories each)
- 1 lemon supreme cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1 box (3.9 oz) lemon instant pudding mix (sugar free)
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp lemon curd
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Butter and flour 12 cup Bundt pan or 13x9 inch metal baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, oil and lemon zest in large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes or until well blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Drizzle lemon curd on top of batter, keeping curd away from sides of pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake on cooling rack for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack. Place cooling rack on a cookie sheet. Cool completely.
- Beat lemon curd, water, and lemon juice in medium bowl until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until mixture is smooth. Drizzle over cake. Transfer cake to serving platter.