Today I want to share a quick and easy recipe for Jell-O Pinwheels. I came across these several weeks ago on a blog called Joy of Jello. They looked so yummy and fun that I knew I had to try them. Since today is St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to make them with green Jello, but I didn't have any and I wasn't in the mood for a trip to the store. So, I used what I had - cherry.
Yield: 8 slices (68 calories each)
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. Jello (any flavor you want)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Heat water in the microwave for 1 minute. Add Jello and stir well. Return to the microwave for 1 minute, then stir well.
- Add marshmallows and return to microwave for 30 seconds; whisk until marshmallows are completely dissolved.
- Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until well set. It should be firm and easy to handle. The marshmallow layer will have floated to the top.
- Loosen the edges with a knife. Starting at one end, roll up tightly. With seam side down, cut in 8 1-inch slices. I used a piece of dental floss to cut quickly and evenly.
If you have kids, you have to try these! Or they are even fun for adults - it was fun to unroll these and eat with my hands. You could even use sugar free Jello if you want. What a great snack!