Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 77: Jello Pinwheels

Today I want to share a quick and easy recipe for Jell-O Pinwheels. I came across these several weeks ago on a blog called Joy of Jello. They looked so yummy and fun that I knew I had to try them. Since today is St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to make them with green Jello, but I didn't have any and I wasn't in the mood for a trip to the store. So, I used what I had - cherry.

Jello Pinwheels
Yield: 8 slices (68 calories each)

Ingredients:
  • 1 (3 oz) pkg. Jello (any flavor you want)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Directions:
  1. Lightly spray an 8-inch square pan with non stick cooking spray.
  2. Heat water in the microwave for 1 minute. Add Jello and stir well. Return to the microwave for 1 minute, then stir well.
  3. Add marshmallows and return to microwave for 30 seconds; whisk until marshmallows are completely dissolved.
  4. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until well set. It should be firm and easy to handle. The marshmallow layer will have floated to the top.
  5. Loosen the edges with a knife. Starting at one end, roll up tightly. With seam side down, cut in 8 1-inch slices. I used a piece of dental floss to cut quickly and evenly.
If you have kids, you have to try these! Or they are even fun for adults - it was fun to unroll these and eat with my hands. You could even use sugar free Jello if you want. What a great snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment