Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 84: National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day

As I was browsing through my blog list last night, a recipe caught my eye from Cookies on Friday. Nicole had posted a recipe for Favorite Oatmeal Cookies. What was different about these was that she had used Raisinets in the oatmeal cookies. What a coincidence! Today just happens to be Chocolate Covered Raisin Day, so I knew that I wanted to try them. I am not really a fan of raisins but anything dipped in chocolate tastes better, right?!!
These cookies turned out really flat, and when that happens, I usually try to figure out what I did wrong and fix it next time. I am just not a fan of flat cookies! But I think it actually works for these. You definitely want to under cook these a tad so they stay moist and chewy. The combination of chocolate and raisin with the oatmeal was yummy. I have already eaten 4 of these, and I must quit. Although, they come in at only 102 calories each, so not too much to complain about. The recipe yields 3-1/2 dozen cookies. Check out the recipe for Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies at Cookies on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment