When I think of peanut clusters, I think of peanuts and chocolate. Today, I decided to think outside of the box and try a new take on peanut clusters: Sandra Lee's Nutty Brittle.
This recipe only contains 2 ingredients: caramel squares and toffee peanuts. I had a hard time finding the peanuts and finally found Butter Crunch Peanuts made by Archer Farms at Target. With only 2 ingredients, there's no way you can mess this up.
Recipe from: Sandra Lee's Semi-homemade Desserts
Yield: Approximately 9 oz of candy (140 calories per oz)
- 24 soft caramel candies (I used Kraft)
- 3/4 cup toffee peanuts (I used Archer Farms Butter Crunch Peanuts from Target)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with foil; spray with cooking spray and place in preheated oven.
- Spray a heavy small saucepan with cooking spray. Add caramels and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in the peanuts and continue stirring for 5 minutes. Remove prepared pan from oven and quickly spread caramel-peanut mixture onto pan. Cool completely.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in refrigerator.
This brittle was very tasty - crunchy like traditional peanut brittle yet with a burnt caramel flavor.