Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 80: Moon Pie Sundae


The past couple of days have been full of rest, relaxation, fun and lots of food. My fitness schedule has been lacking due to being sick and being out of town. So, tomorrow I will be re-syncing my diet and exercise back to normal.

In the meantime, I have a sweet to sample for today. I wanted something quick and easy since we just got back in town today. My dad bought a big box of double decker moon pies at Sam's and when we dropped the boys off at their house on Sunday, he sent us with 2 of them for the road.

Thomas' favorite way to eat a moon pie is to heat it in the microwave and top with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup. So, guess what we did? You guessed it! Moon Pie Sundaes! Puffed up gooey marshmallow with graham and chocolate wafers and cold ice cream! YUM! Way too many calories but it tasted good.

The double decker moon pies have 300 calories. A mini moon pie is also made that is only 100 calories, so that is the better option to satisfy your moon pie obsession!

No comments:

Post a Comment