Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 78: Anniversary Trip

Today marks 17 years of love and marriage to my high school sweetheart. We have been through joys and triumphs, tears and trials, and even a few fights and fallouts along the journey. But I wouldn't have wanted to experience it with anyone else. Thomas, you are the joy in my smile, my strength when I am weak, my encourager when I fail, and the love of my life!

Since the kids are on Spring Break this week, they have gone on a road trip to Texas with my parents. We dropped them off in Russellville this afternoon, and then headed off to Eureka Springs for a couple of days of alone time for our anniversary. So my next few posts will be desserts that we find along our journey. I can't wait to visit the chocolate shops tomorrow to see what treasures I can find.

This evening, we ate on a restaurant balcony overlooking downtown. It was a beautiful evening and we enjoyed the quiet, peaceful atmosphere I ordered a Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. It was described as Angel Food Cake, but it was more like a very dense pound cake. By far, it was not the best I've ever eaten, but the strawberries and whipped cream were tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment