Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 61: National Fruit Compote Day

Today is National Fruit Compote Day.  It is also Peanut Butter Lover's Day, but there are plenty of those days on the calendar so I chose to go with the former.  If there is one thing that I definitely could not live without, it is fruit! 4 servings of fruit (or veggies) everyday is not a difficult task for me.

To make my fruit compote, I chose to go the easy route since I had a birthday cake to decorate tonight (will post a picture of that tomorrow after I deliver it to the customer) .  I used can fruit: 1 can of lite peaches, 1 can of lite pears, and a can of apple pie filling.  Pour all of these into an 8 x 8 inch dish.  Crumble up 1 Nature Valley granola bar and mix with 1 tbsp of brown sugar.  Sprinkle over the top of the fruit.  Bake in a 350 deg. oven for 30 minutes, covered with foil. This would be delicious with a scoop of ice cream on top (isn't everything better a la mode?), but I just ate it just like it was. I would probably add a tsp of cinnamon next time, but it was still very good for cooked fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment