Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 71: Homemade Frozen Yogurt

The one thing I requested for my birthday last week was a Cuisinart ice cream maker. One of the things my husband is good at is taking hints. So, guess what I got for my birthday? A Cuisinart Ice Cream maker!!! And today was my first day to try it out!

When I buy ice cream at the store, I get the frozen yogurt - it has less fat and calories. So, when I scanned through the recipes in the instruction booklet that came with the ice cream maker, that was the recipe that stood out to me to try first. I like frozen yogurt that tastes like ice cream, not frozen yogurt that actually tastes like yogurt! Yogurt is nasty! So I was anticipating this would be similar to the store bought frozen yogurt that I buy. Oh no! This was the perfect combination of frozen yogurt that tastes like yogurt! I kept tasting it hoping the aftertaste would change a little over time, but it just tasted worse!

So, I guess my next trial run will be trying to lighten the regular ice cream recipe so it has less calories. Either that or make the full fat version and just eat less or run a few extra miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment