Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 66: National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day

Today is National White Chocolate Cheesecake day.  It's also the 100th birthday of Oreo cookies.  Now, wouldn't that make a wonderful combination! I actually didn't know about the Oreo cookie's birthday until this morning, so what a coincidence that I used it in my dessert for today that I made last night.
I searched the web for a recipe for today and I came across these White Chocolate Cheesecake Cups. Of course, I am a sucker for mini desserts, so I knew right away that this was the right way to go.  It also helped that there are only 6 ingredients and very easy to make.
These tasted absolutely amazing! They were just the right mixture of firmness, yet soft and creamy at the same time. If it is one thing I can't stand, it's lumpy cheesecake. The Oreo cookie on the bottom was just the right chocolate flavor to match the white chocolate in the cheesecake. These would also taste great with a little raspberry or strawberry drizzled on top, or even some caramel syrup. These are a must try for all you bakers out there. Here is my version of the recipe.


White Chocolate Cheesecake Cups
Yield: 14 cheesecakes / 175 calories each

Ingredients:
  • 2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, at room temp. (I used 1 light & 1 reg.)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tbps vanilla
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate (chopped or chips)
  • 7 Oreo cookies (halved with filling scraped off)
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 deg. Fill muffin tins with liners.
  2. Blend the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla together until smooth. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted (about 1 minute). Let cool slightly and then add to the cream cheese mixture, mixing well.
  3. Place one Oreo half in each liner.  Fill each liner 3/4 full with cheesecake mixture. Bake in the oven for 16 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely. Then refrigerate several hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment