Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 85: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


My most favorite cookie ever created on the face of the earth is the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie! I love the chewiness of the cookie with the sweet, soft white chocolate chips/chunks and then the salty crunch of the macadamia nut. What's not to like?! 

When it comes to these cookies, I am pretty picky about them. Otis Spunkmeyer makes a delicious one as well as Subway. When it comes to making them at home, I tried several recipes and variations before finding this one in my Betty Crocker Cookbook. I don't know that I would say this recipe is the best ever, but it is pretty close. If any of you have a recipe that you think is "The Bomb", send it to me - I would love to try it. Until then, I will stick with this one.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie
From: Betty Crocker Cookbook
Yields: 3 1/2 dozen cookies (125 calories each)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortnening
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 package (6 oz) white chocolate chips or chunks
  • 1 package (2.25 oz) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions:
  1. Pre heat oven to 350 deg.
  2. In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla, and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chips and nuts.
  3. On ungreased cookie sheet, use cookie scoop and drop dough about 2 inches apart.
  4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.
Sharla's Notes:
  • Be sure not to over-bake these cookies. In fact, I prefer them a little under baked. 
  • In my opinion, these tastes best the day they are baked. If I am running low on time, I will make the dough ahead of time, scoop the dough and refrigerate or freeze until I need them. Then pull them out, thaw and bake when you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment