Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 75: National Peanut Lover's Day

Today is a celebration of anything that you love that consists of peanuts. For me, that would be the obvious - peanut butter. I love peanut butter, but I use it sparingly because of the high fat and calorie content. It really is good for you in moderation, though.

I thought about trying peanut butter ice cream, so I could use my ice cream maker again, but maybe it needs a break!! Instead, I chose Sandra Lee's Rice Crispy Peanut Butter Treats. These only have 4 ingredients and require no baking - you just need a spoon and a big bowl. How easy is that!
I had 2 of these with a little tablespoonful of Nutella on the side to dip them in.  It was delicious! I think I may use this as the inside filling of my Peanut Butter Balls that I make around Christmas time. Roll them about half the size and dip in melted chocolate - YUMMY!

P.S. Notice my new cupcake Scentsy warmer in the photo. I got that just for my kitchen - couldn't resist! 

Rice Crispy Peanut Butter Treats
From: Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade Desserts
Yield: 23 treats (142 calories each)

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups crispy rice cereal
  • 1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy Jif)
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips
  • 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
Directions:
  1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Using 2 wooden spoons, toss cereal, peanut butter and chips in a large bowl to coat. Add marshmallow creme and toss until well combined.
  2. Using a 1 ounce cookie scoop, form mixture into 1-1/2 inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Store in airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment