Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 83: Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffle

When we were in Eureka Springs this week, we bought some chocolate at one of the local fudgeries. It had chocolate, caramel, peanut butter and pretzels. It was so delicious that I knew I would need to recreate them when I got back home.
We also visited a kitchen store while we were there and I bought these mini silicone cups in the shape of flowers. All I could think about today was how I could incorporate these silicone cups with the chocolate candies that I wanted to make. So when I got home, the Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffle came to life!! I know it is a really long name, but there is not any one ingredient that is more important than the other. They all combine to make this delicious, creamy, chocolaty goodness with a little salty crunch!

Start with a layer of chocolate on the bottom. I used the chocolate wafers that you can purchase at Hobby Lobby. All you do is melt them in the microwave, stirring frequently. Refrigerate this until firm, about 10 minutes. On top of the chocolate goes the layer of peanut butter. I microwaved the peanut butter just slightly so it would be softer and easier to spread. Place a pretzel on top of the the peanut butter.
How it looked after topping with the pretzel.
Next, melt Kraft caramels in the microwave with just a tad bit of milk until melted and smooth. Spoon the caramel over the pretzel. Finally, top it all off with some more melted chocolate to cover completely. That's all there is to it. 

If you don't have any of these little silicone cups, you can still make these. The Chocolate shop had done them just like chocolate bark. Just spread all the ingredients in the same order on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper. Then cut in squares to serve. It will taste just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment