Today, I thought a lot about what I could do differently to a plain, old cinnamon crescent. I was still trying to piece it together as I was in the process of making it. Think about it: crescent rolls, cream cheese, honey, cinnamon and sugar. The thought of those combinations makes me squeal with excitement!
We indulged in these fresh from the oven - hot and fresh with the cream cheese & honey filling and the slight hint of cinnamon! Scrumdiddlyumptious!
Filled Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
From: Sweet Samplings
Yield: 4 pastries (240 calories each)
- 1 can refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- Unroll crescent dough and separate at perforations.
- Blend together cream cheese and honey until smooth. Divide evenly between 4 of the dough triangles and spread evenly.
- Place the other 4 triangles on top of cream cheese topped dough. Crimp edges with a fork. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Turn dough over, sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar and roll up crescent roll style; place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 deg for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Enjoy!