Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 117: Fruit Creamy Smoothie

Thursday nights are a busy time for us. Thomas gets home from work and quickly gets ready and heads out the door with Camdyn for a group bike ride. Nick and I head to the gym where I have weight training class and he plays basketball and racquetball and just plays around on the different machines upstairs. We meet back at the house around 7:45 where we find something to eat for dinner. Tonight, I put potatoes in the oven to bake while we were gone, so they were just perfect when we got home. Then I top it with grilled chicken, a little cheese and bacon pieces and dinner is served.

Nick wanted to stop and get a milkshake on the way home, but I talked him into letting me make homemade at home. The boys love my milkshakes and malts! Even though they are a little healthier than the ones in restaurants, they are still heavy on the calorie side for a small amount. For myself, I made a Fruit Creamy Smoothie. I took about 8 medium strawberries and hulled them, then blended with my immersion blender. When smooth, add 1/2 a packet of Sweet & Low and 4 tbsp of cool whip and stir together until blended. It has a similar consistency as the milkshake and fills you up as well without all the calories. Only 115 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment