Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 114: Mini S'more Cheesecakes

Okay, so today is actually National Cherry Cheesecake Day, but who's keeping track!! I veered off course a little and made Mini S'more Cheesecakes.  It's still cheesecake, right?

And I do realize that I may be overdoing the S'more thing a little lately, but I just can't get enough!  I have one more S'more recipe that I may make this week, and then I will take a break - I promise!!

So, my life has been a little crazy lately - ok, a lot crazy!  I am still dealing with the insurance company over our huge hot water heater mishap which happened 1 month ago tomorrow!!  It's getting a little ridiculous.  We went ahead and had the bedroom carpet ordered and they came to put that in today.  So yesterday was spent moving furniture and everything else out of the boys rooms.  What a mess!  I am waiting to settle the wood floors with insurance before I proceed, because I don't want to cash the check until they have completely paid.  We are a little closer than we were a week ago, when I finally got the adjuster's supervisor involved.  I still have to wait for them to come back out and remeasure so I can prove that there measurements are WRONG!  I have been patient long enough!!  Sorry, it's a very sensitive issue for me, so I just better move on to something else.

I have no cake orders this week which is a good thing since I am getting ready for a garage sale this weekend. I told myself I needed a break, so I won't be taking any new orders for a few weeks.

So, here's the recipe for Mini S'more Cheesecakes.  This is a Pampered Chef recipe from several years ago that a friend introduced me to. 
                                                

Mini S'more Cheesecakes
Yield: 24 mini cups (83 calories each)
From: Pampered Chef

Ingredients:
Crust:
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted
Filling:
  • 2-1/2 Hershey's milk chocolate bars (1.55 oz each)
  • 1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8 oz)
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 deg. line mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners
  2. Combine cracker crumbs, 1 tbsp sugar and butter in bowl; stir until moistened. Divide evenly among cups; press into bottom using mini tart shaper. Bake 5 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, place 1-1/2 chocolate bars in a bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
  4. Add cream cheese and 3 tbsp sugar; beat until smooth.  Blend in egg.
  5. Spoon mixture evenly on top of crust.
  6. Bake 15 minutes or until filling is set (cracked on top like cheesecake).
  7. Remove from oven; press 3 marshmallows into each cup.  Break apart remaining chocolate and cut in halves. Place on half on top of marshmallows.
  8. Bake 3 minutes or until marshmallows and chocolate begin to melt.
  9. Immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool.
  10. Cool before serving and store remaining cups in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment