Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 108: Yum Yum Brownies

The Yum Yum Brownies that I made today came from Hungry Girl on the Food Network. Her show airs on Sunday mornings so I turn it on while I am getting ready for church. She uses food substitutions to make meals with fewer calories and fat. There are several grocery items that I keep in my pantry that I was introduced to from her show and through her books.
I saw this recipe about one month ago and have wanted to try it ever since.  It is so easy with only 2 ingredients. All you need is a devils food cake mix and a can of pumpkin purée. I know, I was skeptical at first too. Is it going to taste like pumpkin? Absolutely not! I tasted the batter and it was delicious and the baked product is dense like a muffin but soft like a cupcake. They don't look very pretty, because the batter is so thick but the taste makes up for the look! At only 185 calories each, it is the perfect snack when you need a chocolate hit or great for a breakfast muffin. Try it and let me know what you think. You can see her recipe at www.hungrygirl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment