Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 121: National Oatmeal Cookie Day

Today is National Oatmeal Cookie Day. This is one of those cookies that seems to be "old school". These days, the star is the chocolate chip cookie or whatever cookie you can create with the most indulgent ingredients. In my opinion, there's not much better than a soft, chewy homemade basic oatmeal cookie. You don't even need the raisins or chocolate chips, just a hint of cinnamon.

I tried a new recipe in my quest for the perfect oatmeal cookie, and I believe that my search has ended almost before it began. This recipe, from King Arthur Flour, has met all my criteria. 1) soft & chewy  2) not flat  3) a hint of cinnamon.  The key is to not over-bake them so that they don't get crunchy and dried out. These are the perfect little snack at only 100 calories each.

No comments:

Post a Comment