Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 112: National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day

Today has been a good Saturday! Thomas and the boys left last night to go to his parents house in Russellville, so I had a little time to myself.  I started out the day running a 5K here in town. Ran it in 26:30 which isn't my best time, but it is faster than I have been running lately. It was a beautiful morning for a run with cooler temperatures that are fantastic once you get started! After the race, I came home, showered and left for several hours of shopping. It's been a long time since I did that and I enjoyed the solitude and just walking around with no time constraints or kids tagging along.

I spent this evening decorating a cake for a young girl in our youth group. We will celebrate her birthday tomorrow night when the youth group is all together.
While I was in Target this afternoon, I was looking for chocolate covered cashews to eat for my sweet today, since today is National Chocolate Covered Cashew day. I came upon these DeMet's Cashew Turtles. I love chocolate turtles, so what better to have than chocolate and cashews, with some caramel mixed in. They were delicious and two chocolates is only 160 calories. That's not bad as long as you can stop at 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment