Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 107: Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

I only pick out and bake with recipes that I think will turn out successful, so when something doesn't turn out just right, it is very disappointing! Today's sweet turned out that way for me. Some of you have expressed to me that you think everything I make turns out great, so this goes to show you that we all flop some time in the kitchen!

I baked Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes from Martha Stewart Cupcakes. I was looking forward to this chocolate peanut butter combination in a cupcake that required no frosting. First off, I must not have swirled the two flavors together enough because the tops just came off the cupcake after removing from the pan. Second, they tasted more like a muffin with a dense texture instead of a moist, fluffy cupcake. All in all, I considered it a flop although Thomas said they tasted fine to him. I won't even take the time to share the recipe since I won't be making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment