Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 96: Homemade Vanilla Malt

What a busy and long week this has been! Glad tomorrow is Friday! I came home from work exhausted, so much so that I skipped my run tonight. I stayed home with Nick and helped him pour 200 pounds of sand bags into his new basketball goal. That was a workout in itself!

Thomas and Camdyn went out on a group ride but didn't get very far due to their first wipe out! Scared me silly when Camdyn called me to let me know, but thankfully they are both fine! Thomas is pretty banged up with some bad road rash. He will be sore for a while.

Since I was feeling pretty lazy, I was struggling with what to make for my sweet today. I opened the freezer to scoop a bowl of frozen yogurt and it hit me - vanilla malts! I had some leftover malt powder from the nougat that I made the other day and I knew Thomas would love one too. So, I waited until the boys went to bed and got started. Several scoops of yogurt, about 1/2 a cup of milk, and some malt powder. Blend with my Kitchenaid immersion blender and there you have it - a homemade vanilla malt better than the drive thru. And probably a little more calorie friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment