Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 103: S'more Poundcake Panini

I am going out with the girls tonight to dinner and a concert, so I wanted to make something quick and easy this afternoon.  If you don't already know, I am obsessed with s'mores. I just love the combination of graham cracker, marshmallow and chocolate. This recipe for S'more Pound cake Panini is right up my alley.

I started with frozen Sara Lee pound cake and sliced off 2 pieces about 1/4" thick.  Spread 1 tbsp of Nutella on 1 piece and then sprinkle about 12-15 mini marshmallows on top of the Nutella.  Top with the other slice of pound cake. Lightly spray with butter flavored Pam. To give it the grill marks unique to paninis, I cooked mine on my George Foreman grill for about 2-3 minutes. You can also cook on a skillet or griddle just like you would a grill cheese sandwich.

I made one for me and one for Camdyn, because he is my S'more buddy. He likes S'mores as much as I do, if not more! These were so good and so simple - soft buttery pound cake with the gooey marshmallow and yummy Nutella.  Simply divine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment