Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 92: Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes

Other than Peeps and jelly beans, I think the candy that most often comes to mind when I think of Easter is Cadbury Creme Eggs. Even though I don't really like them (they are way too sweet!), the Cadbury bunny is a staple around Easter time. So when I saw this post on My Baking Addiction, I knew this was on my "to do" list of Easter baking recipes, especially since Thomas really likes the creme eggs. I did half of them with the mini caramel eggs since I prefer those. I brought these to our church potluck this morning. Needless to say, there were none left to bring home. I figured that would be the case, so I kept 2 at home for Thomas and I to feast on tonight. They were yummy and turned out so cute!
I have linked the recipe to the cupcake decoration above. You can use any chocolate cupcake recipe or even a cake mix. My favorite chocolate cake recipe is from the King Arthur Flour website. It works great whether made into a cake or cupcakes. It is very moist with a light crumb and not too dense. I add a combination of regular and dark cocoa powder to give it a more chocolatey flavor as opposed to a milk chocolate flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment