Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19: Donuts with the Family

This morning, my family visited the Donut Shop as we do every Thursday morning.  My usual breakfast there is a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit.  You might think it strange to get a biscuit at a donut shop, but I am simply not a donut eater.  Don't get me wrong, I like donuts.  And one donut will not break the calorie bank (a glazed donut has around 200 calories).  But, it has no nutritional value, and I am hungry 30 minutes later.  The biscuit has more calories than the donut, but it tides me over until lunch. 

This morning, I decided to step out there and get a cinnamon bun donut.  There is no National dessert to follow today so I decided to get my "sweet" on at breakfast.  According to Krispy Kreme, it has 260 calories.  Not too bad!  It tasted fine. it was very sweet and I was wishing I had the biscuit instead by the time I got to the end.
By mid morning, I was starving, so I ate a banana to get me through to lunch. Thomas and I ate lunch at Panera Bread (delicious!) and wished I had saved my sweet on a chocolate brownie instead!!  Oh well - you live and you learn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment