Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4: Crockpot Caramel Apple Crumble

I enjoyed a day off today with the kids back in school. Worked out at the gym first thing: 30 minutes on an elliptical type machine and walked up 85 flights of stairs (1.75 miles) on the stair master. Relaxed and enjoyed the day by cleaning the house and baking in the kitchen. Tried a new recipe for homemade salsa that got rave reviews from Nick. Made 2 dozen cinnamon rolls ordered from a friend for tomorrow morning. Just took them out of the oven and my house smells divine! Having to keep an eye on Thomas so he doesn't get into them. Luckily, I had something else in the crockpot for us. 

There was no National Dessert for today so I chose a recipe I have been dying to try for the last several months - Crockpot Caramel Apple Crumble. I found this recipe on one of the blogs I follow - How Sweet It Is. Very simple to put together, set it and forget it! It was delicious topped with a scoop of frozen yogurt. It was very sweet so a little goes a long way. As for the calories, a serving was 405 calories plus the 90 calories for the yogurt. I will probably scoop smaller servings next time because it was so sweet (saving about 100 calories per serving). Overall, it was a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment