Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25: S'more Pitas

After dropping the boys off at school, I headed to the gym for my Wednesday morning 5 mile run.  I was dreading this run for one reason - my body was tired and sore (and it didn't help that it was cold and rainy and I just wanted to put on my fleece pj's and crawl into bed!).  Tuesday night's weight training class had been very challenging and I gave it all I had.  It was a great workout, but had left my body spent.  I usually keep track of my pace and what my time is, but this morning's run needed to be a mind and body cleansing. And that is exactly what I did, and it felt good! Even the 3 older gentlemen that walk side by side and block the track couldn't damper my mood!!
Recently, a new restaurant opened up here in town - Pitza 42.  They serve healthier pizza options made on pitas, as well as salads and soups.  They also have a cookie dough dessert pita that is out of this world.  We were eating there one evening, and as we were eating the cookie dough pita, we began to brainstorm various options for dessert pitas.  Immediately, I thought of a S'more Pita. I love the gooey marshmallow combined with the melted chocolate. So, I gathered up my ingredients at home and the S'more Pita came to life!

You only need 3 ingredients:  

  1. Pita bread (I use Hungry Girl Flatout pitas cut in half)
  2. Nutella
  3. Mini marshmallows
Spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella on half of the Hungry Girl flatout pita.  Sprinkle 20 mini marshmallows on top.  Place in a toaster oven and broil until marshmallows are light golden brown.  Slice and enjoy!



The best part about eating this is the crunch on the outside of the marshmallow followed by the gooey center - it is just delicious and only 185 calories!  What kind of topping would you put on your dessert pita?

No comments:

Post a Comment