Butter Toffee Popcorn (Microwave)
Yield: 11 (2 cup) servings (235 calories per serving)
- 2 bags Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn (94% fat free)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pop both bags of popcorn according to directions. Pour each bag into a large microwave safe bowl (I use 2 large plastic bowls from the Dollar Store. They are the perfect size for stirring the popcorn and it is easy cleanup because the toffee doesn't stick and harden on it).
- In a glass bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and immediately stir in the baking soda (mixture will foam a bit).
- Pour this mixture split between the 2 bowls of popcorn. Do not stir.
- Microwave each bowl of popcorn, one at a time, for one minute.
- Remove and stir with 2 wooden spoons until all of the popcorn is coated. Return to the microwave and cook 1 more minute.
- Remove and stir again.
- Pour popcorn onto waxed paper in a single layer until cool. Enjoy!
This is another great treat that can be gifted easily. See the finished photo picture below.
|Popped popcorn in bowls|
|Popcorn after pouring caramel on top|
|A great idea for a goody bag.|