Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2: National Cream Puff Day

Today is National Cream Puff Day - what's not to like about cream and puff?!  I thought and thought about what to do for this.  Honestly, my body may be in sugar shock from the overindulgence over the holidays, and today is my official day back to my normal good eating habits.  Anything sweet just doesn't even sound appetizing!!

The easy way would be to buy the bucket of frozen cream puffs from the store, but it is a little more than I want hanging around in my freezer!  So I decided to create my own - Creamy Phyllo Cups with a Kiss!

Start with pre-baked mini Phyllo cups.  Pipe 1 tablespoon of cool whip inside and top with a Hershey's Kiss.  That's all there is to it.  Simple and only 31 calories each!!  
They were a delicious way to end my dinner of Homemade Pizza Meatballs on a sub!  What a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth and still stay on my calorie track!!

As a side note, I ran my first run of 2012 this morning, did some ab and weight work, and played a fun game of Racquetball with my hubby and 2 boys.  This year is off to a great start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment