Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 24: National Peanut Butter Day

Peanut butter - a staple for any pantry, savory or sweet, creamy or crunchy - the possibilities are endless!!  I could think of dozens of recipes to try using peanut butter.  What's a baker to do?!

I chose a recipe by Brown Eyed Baker that I have been wanting to try ever since she posted about it:  Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!  If you like peanut butter cookies - you got it!  Oatmeal Cookies? Check!  Chocolate chip cookies?  A bonus!!  All three in one scrumptious, chewy, big cookie!  It was even better than I imagined.  Most likely you have all the ingredients you need to make these sitting in your pantry, so make these today!!  You will just have to resist not wanting to eat the whole batch.

Note:  These cookies are bigger than the average cookie that I usually make. Therefore, they are a little higher in calories at 237 per cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment