Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 31: Healthy Snacks for the Sweet Tooth

Today marks one month of sweet samplings for me.  It's been fun so far - trying out some new recipes, improving on others, and sharing my thoughts.  There have been some late nights spent baking,and some dessert menu changes along the way, but I have enjoyed it tremendously.  Sometimes a little sweet tooth guilt makes its way in and I spend a little extra time at the gym or run a little further, but things are going well!

There are those times when I just don't have time to whip up a batch of cookies or cupcakes, so I decided to create a post each week devoted to quick, store bought healthy sweet snacks. These posts will be titled "Healthy snacks for the sweet tooth". I will recommend foods that I keep stocked in my kitchen as well as new items that I come across to try. Since I love to bake, I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, but I realize that many of you don't have the time or desire to do that.  I hope you will benefit from learning about products that you may not know about or haven't tried, as well as give me a break in the kitchen for a day!!



Today, I would like to introduce Yoplait Frozen Yogurt Bites. I discovered these several months ago, and though I don't eat them regularly, I keep a bag in my freezer for when I want a late night snack after the kids go to bed.  They come in 2 flavors: Vanilla Strawberry and Key Lime.  Both flavors are good, but I prefer the Strawberry. These are little bites of frozen yogurt coated with granola. One serving is 7 bites for 200 calories.  Sometimes I will only eat 3 with a serving of pretzels.  I like to have something salty with my sweet. 






You will find these in the freezer aisle at your local grocery store near the frozen fruit products.  They sell for about $3.50. Hope you enjoy them!



No comments:

Post a Comment